16 May 2013

[FIX/SOLUTION] Facebook push notifications not working



 For awhile, my Facebook push notifications were working just fine until I had updated to Jelly Bean. I tried everything.. to clearing cache, data, uninstalling, and couldn't for the life of me figure out why they weren't working anymore. I thought maybe it was Facebook clashing with JB. I read everywhere and found out some people had no issues and some had some where every push notifications didn't work and some just Facebook.



Well I spend a day or so trying to figure it out and finally found a new, simple fix.

1) Open the Facebook app.
2) Tap on menu button on the top left
3) Account > Account Settings
4) Apps and Websites
5) Clear out Facebook related apps (Like Friendcaster or HTC Sense)
6) Clear data on the Facebook app and launch app


I noticed some off the apps in there have a push notification toggle button and I believe it was messing up the push notification system of there was to many to keep up with.

Once I spent 20 mins clearing those apps out, I cleared data and started the app notifications started working again. I didn't know it worked until someone wrote on my wall and I was shocked to see a notification!

I really hope this helps some of you out who have gave up looking for another fix

2 comments:

  1. Great post with nice details. I really like your info.

    emergency notification

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried this. Still not getting notifications.

    ReplyDelete